FILTREXX SEDIMENT TRAP
Build temporary dry pond detention systems with our Soxx™ technology.
Filtrexx® offers sediment trap systems built as temporary dry pond detention systems used to capture sediment and settle suspended solids in runoff from disturbed soils less than 5 acres. Filtrexx® Sediment Traps are also used to capture sediment and settle suspended solids from detention pond outfalls and/or overflows. Sediment traps are commonly used at outlets of stormwater diversion structures, slope drains, construction site entrances, channels, and other runoff locations. Sediment traps can be converted to or retrofitted for use as a permanent stormwater detention system.
SEDIMENT TRAP ADVANTAGES
- No major excavation, land disturbance, or pond construction
- Easily customized to fit most types of watersheds/drainage areas
- No trenching, no soil disturbance
- Easy removal and disposal
- Add targeted pollutant removal
- Individual sediment detention/containment zones
- Sediment and storm water detention pond outfalls
- Emergency overflow for retention or detention systems
- Where land is limited or construction of sediment pond is not possible
- Where sediment particle sizes are generally greater than .002 mm (clay)
- As a final treatment prior to discharge
We provide FREE access to our Filtrexx Design Manual. Our database includes product specifications, installation guidelines and recommendations, as well as CADs for over 25 applications. Engineers, designers and installers rely on our Filtrexx Design Manual to evaluate our products and find best suitable solutions. Sign up or log in for free.
WEBINARS AND SEMINARS
View our calendar of webinars and seminars and sign up to learn more about Filtrexx Sustainable Technologies.