MSE Retaining Living Walls
EarthBloxx® is a Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) living wall system, engineered for stabilizing slopes between 50° and 70° but designed for creating beautiful, eye-pleasing vertical landscapes.
EarthBloxx living wall system’s batter — the outer face recedes from bottom to top — enables design of greater wall height construction before reinforcement is required. When reinforcement is required, EarthBloxx living wall system includes a true mechanical connection through the module itself — no need for additional pins, rods, pipes, or other means of attachment — creating high connection values regardless of wall height. Wall design employs the same engineering protocols as any segmented retaining wall or slope stabilization.
EarthBloxx modules are wet cast, versus the dry cast method used by other manufacturers. Wet casting provides superior dimensional consistency which facilitates rapid installation by reducing shimming and adjustment during the stacking process. Additionally, wet cast production provides superior freeze/thaw characteristics.
- High structural stability
- Innovative design ensures longevity
- Uses fewer blocks and 50% less concrete
- Large pocket maximizes growing space
- Superior GrowingMedia™ for plants
- Easy installation of pre-made GroSoxx®
- Preseed or plant with seed, plugs, live stakes
- Helps control erosion
- Earn Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building points
- Use as segmented retaining wall
- Use for slope stabilization
Gain access to Filtrexx product specifications and CADs on the Filtrexx Design Manual. We provide FREE downloads of more than 25 different applications.
WEBINARS AND SEMINARS
View our calendar of webinars and seminars and sign up to learn more about Filtrexx® Sustainable Technologies.