FILTREXX® SILTSOXX FOR POST-FIRE REMEDIATION
- Superior & consistent results—SiltSoxx is an industry leading sediment removal BMP1
- Greater performance than straw wattle, gravel bags, and silt fence1
- Lower maintenance & easy disposal with the lowest overall project cost2
- Installs rapidly and easily—no trenching required
- Original compost filter sock with 15+ years of peer-reviewed research & field use
- Excellent ash retention for post-rain event clean-up
- Use on bare soil or concrete
- Available in-stock nationwide
- Sustainable product—uses locally recycled organic materials to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
1See Filtrexx TechLinks #3331, #3332, #3333 for research summaries. 2EPA Erosion Control Alternatives Cost Calculator (2006).
Originally published in Erosion Control Magazine, May 2017, by Janice Cessna
"As a waste management engineer for the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), Todd Thalhamer occasionally serves as operations chief for large-scale fire remediation projects throughout California. Recently, he directed structural debris cleanup operations for the massive Valley Fire. Covering 76,000 acres in Lake County and minor portions in adjacent Napa and Sonoma Counties, the fire consumed nearly 2,000 structures containing potentially hazardous asbestos and heavy metals..."
Read the full article here