FILTREXX SILTSOXX COMPOST FILTER SOCK
Filtrexx SiltSoxx® is the quickest, easiest and most cost effective solution for sediment control.
SiltSoxx is the original compost filter sock BMP. Easily installed for a variety of construction applications, SiltSoxx reduces the labor cost required for installation and maintenance, while delivering optimal performance.
SiltSoxx are Made in the USA, a USDA Certified Biobased product, and in compliance with most state and federal agencies including USEPA, AASHTO, USDA NRCS and US ACE.
SiltSoxx is available in a variety of materials to meet your sediment control project needs. Download the SiltSoxx flyer for more information or the comprehensive Filtrexx Product Catalog to see all product configurations. SiltSoxx is available pre-filled on pallets through distributors nationwide - contact us to find a distributor or inquire about joining our distribution network.
Looking for empty/unfilled mesh? See our line of mesh for blower truck field installation here.
FILTREXX SILTSOXX ADVANTAGES
No trenching required & installs 3x faster than silt fence
Superior filtering with third-party tested results
Stays in place & won’t fall down
Just cut mesh & spread compost
LOWER TOTAL COST
When choosing a BMP for your project, do you consider the total cost of it? Installation, maintenance and removal are all costs that add up.
FILTREXX SILTSOXX PRODUCT TYPES
Our SiltSoxx ORIGINAL strength mesh is the most widely recognized and used product in the industry. Available in green/black stripe or tan.
Our most durable mesh material, SiltSoxx EXTREME is designed with an extra tough, wear & tear resistant mesh to withstand harsh and rugged surface conditions.
This line of mesh is 100% natural and biodegradable, eliminating the need for field removal. Leave in place for ongoing, natural protection. Meets applicable federal/state specifications for natural and biodegradable materials.
FILTREXX SILTSOXX PRODUCT CHART
Redirect stormwater runoff from areas at risk towards designated secured areas
- Sediment Removal Efficiency (removal efficiency performance may
vary under conditions different from those tested and reported here)
- SiltSoxx: TRI-Environmental, ASTM D6459. [PDF] TechLink #3333 and TechLink #3334
- Silt fence: San Diego State University, Modified ASTM D6459. [PDF] TechLink #3331
- Straw wattle: Data from TRI-Environmental, ASTM D6459. [PDF] TechLink #3333
- Off-spec filter sock: Data from TRI-Environmental, ASTM D6459. [PDF] TechLink #3333
- Rock/gravel bag: Soil Control Lab, ASTM D3977-97C. [PDF] TechLink #3332
- Installation Time Comparison: Performed by Clearwater Colorado (2015) [Video] click here
- Maintenance Comparison: EPA Erosion Control Alternatives Cost Calculator (2006). [PDF] click here [XLS] click here
- Total Project Costs Comparison: EPA Erosion Control Alternatives Cost Calculator (2006). [PDF] click here [XLS] click here